FAITH IN GOD
What is Faith? It is 100% spiritual!
Acts 14:27 and 1 Peter 1:9 faith is a door to salvation.
Ephesians 6:16 faith is a shield that protects.
Hebrews 11:1 faith is a tangible hope.
Faith has various definitions, some include:
Faith as a noun. Scriptural references to "The Faith" meaning a Group or organization.
Faith as a verb. This is the faith that overcomes the world...
Where do we get Faith?
1. It is given with salvation
2. It is obtained By hearing the word
3. It is a gift of the Spirit
4. It is built up by the Spirit
- Romans 12:3 by the grace of God, He has given to each one of us a measure of faith.
- Romans 10:17 faith comes from and is increased through hearing God. Hebrews 12:2 states that Jesus is the author and finisher of our faith.
- 1 Corinthians 12:9 shows that one of the nine gifts of the Spirit is the gift of faith.
- Jude 1:20 By building yourselves up in your most holy faith and praying in the Holy Spirit.
These are examples of what faith can accomplish:
Acts 15:9 faith purifies our hearts.
Acts 16:5 faith strengthened and solidified people.
Acts 26:18 faith consecrates and purifies us, which is sanctification.
Romans 1:5 faith develops obedience or discipline.
Galatians 3:11 faith produces life, which we live and walk by.
Both Romans 4:5 and Romans 4:13 say if we walk by faith, it credits us for righteousness.
James 1:3 the trying of our faith produces perseverance.
James 5:15 faith heals the sick.
1 John 5:4 faith overcomes the world.
Galatians 5:6 faith operates through love.
We need to protect each other’s faith.
Romans 14:1-3 states we should accept the one whose faith is weak, without quarreling over disputable matters. One person's faith allows them to eat anything, but another, whose faith is weak, eats only vegetables. The one who eats everything must not treat with contempt the one who does not, and the one who does not eat everything must not judge the one who does for God has accepted them.
Romans 14:23 states that whoever has doubts is condemned if they eat, because their eating is not from faith; and everything that does not come from faith is sin.
James 2:14-26 states that after revelation from God, which brings faith, if we don't obey and implement it in our lives, then our faith is dead, worthless.
Is there anything greater than faith?
1 Corinthians 13:13 says we have faith and we have hope. And the greatest of these is love.
Why work to increase faith?
Hebrews 11:6 faith pleases God.
Luke 17:5 gives us permission to ask God for more faith.